Bethesda Blues and Jazz
7719 Wisconsin Avenue
Bethesda, Maryland 20814
Office Staff Hrs: Mon-Fri 10-6pm
Box Office Hours: Mon-Fri 12-8pm
Show Hours: See Music Calendar
Bethesda Blues and Jazz Blog
DCist interviewed drummer extraordinaire Cindy Blackman-Santana, who will lead her band, Another Lifetime, on Friday at the Bethesda Blues & Jazz Supper Club.
“This gig in Bethesda will be our first gig in the U.S. since the release of the CD, so it’s like the premier, and I’m really excited about it. ”
“The Cuban pianist Omar Sosa’s latest album is called Eggún, or “spirit of the ancestors” in the Yoruba/Santería spiritual tradition that Sosa celebrates, and it pays tribute to Miles Davis’ Kind of Blue…Sosa arrives in the area on Friday evening to perform with most members of the ensemble that recorded Eggún.”
"Local guitarist and singer Tom Principato will celebrate the release of his 17th solo album, “Robert Johnson Told Me So,” with a CD release party at the Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club on Saturday night…Saturday will not be Principato’s first performance at the newly renovated Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club. He’s performed at the club once since its 2012 opening and multiple times before it was remodeled. He said he feels the revitalization was important for the local blues and jazz scene that he’s been a part of for so many years.
“The renovation and what they have done is beautiful,” Principato said. “Any venue that supports local music [and tries] to bring in top-drawer talent is important to the scene.”””
- Cara Hedgepeth, The Gazette, http://bit.ly/19kARBi
- The Gazette, http://www.gazette.net/article/20131113/ENTERTAINMENT/131119897/1280/news&source=RSS&template=gazette?utm_medium=Widgets&utm_source=gazettenet&utm_campaign=PersonalizedPWGazetteNet&_monetaClick=eyJ3aWRnZXRfaW5zdGFuY2VfaWQiOiI1M2JkZTU3Ni0yODU3LTQ4MzUtOTdlMS
A&E: One of the things many people in the county hope the Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club does, is encourage people to go out and hear live music. What’s special about the live music experience?
Brady: Live music is just like when you go out to see live theater; there’s nothing like it … The reason people see live music is it will never be the same. There may be something going on with the percussion that you didn’t feel on the record if you don’t have the right sound system. There may be a little thing going on on the hi-hat that you may not realize … it’s almost like the record is a pale imitation of what the reality is and it hits you with full force. You’re cheating yourself if you don’t go see live music.
"Music and comedy go hand in hand for improv star Wayne Brady…On August 10th, the multitalented entertainer will showcase his musical talents at the Bethesda Blues and Jazz Supper Club." —Monica Boland, On Tap Magazine
- Elliot Lanes, MD Theatre Guide, http://bit.ly/ZTdAbD
- Jennifer Perry, DC Theatre Scene, http://bit.ly/114cd8y
- Bethesda Now
- Washington City Paper
- Chou Chou Scantlin
- Sriram Gopal, Capital Bop, http://bit.ly/106uzS9
- Laura L. Thornton, Bethesda-CC Patch
- Aaron Kraut, Bethesda Now
- What’s New & Featured, Visitmontgomery.com http://bit.ly/10Ot5lH
- Dr. Sachiko Kuno, quoted in Bethesda Magazine, http://bit.ly/10StZJS
- On Tap’s New & Notable, http://www.ontaponline.com/2013/04/01/new-notable-no-longer-29/
- New Restaurants 2013, BethesdaNow, http://bit.ly/10PwOwq